Contemporary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contemporary

The steampunk roleplay.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Main Story.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Limestriker
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
Limestriker

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:18 am

The sun had risen above the horizon many hours ago, illuminating the city and casting the Citadel's shadow. The city was bustling, merchants prizing their wares upon the markets and the few selected farmers entering the Innercircles for delivery. Only a few gondolas passed in the Silver Zone, their rhythmic movements and the soft, gentle sound calming the nervous Engineer-apprentice at the jetty of his house. He sat crossed legged, staring at the water reflecting the early morning sunlight. A few fish glided down the stream, slowly drifting towards the Outercircle. It was early spring and the temperature was still a bit chilly. The young Jasper Kenward sat nervously on the jetty, dressed in a magenta frock coat, black pantaloons, brown boots and with a top hat next to him. On his other side was the beige-white rabbit, who was enjoying the sun.
"How fascinating, to see the people bustling around despite the fact that is horrendously early." The rabbit barely turned his head, and did not even bother to open his eyes.
"Not everyone sleeps in so late as you. Nor does anyone stay up as late as you" the rabbit said with a tremendously British accent. "The fact that you are summoned to the Citadel means you have to get up early." The youth shrugged, making one last attempt to tame his unruly auburn curls before giving up. A decorated gondola stopped in front of the jetty.
"Lord Kenward?" Jasper hoisted himself to his feet, scooping up his daemon and stepping into the gondola with bright, excited movements before saying;
"That's me!" The gondolier nodded and started gondoling towards the Citadel, and Jasper could only watch in awe as he passed the Golden Zone which he had frequented before, and the grande Fortress itself. He was unsure as they neared the jetty of the Citadel, taking nervous breaths to calm himself.
Back to top Go down
The Master's Companion
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
The Master's Companion

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:13 am

If you would've looked through a window, you'd probably raise a brow quizzically, walk away quickly,start to scream or,say you'd be a little more gutsy, call for the police. But this is all hypothetically, of course, for there was no window in the cellar where a man laid on the floor, tied up. This was on purpose as you might've guessed from the 'tied-up'* part. Anywho, the man lay there,huddled, while another man stood there in the doorway,blocking the light.
The man on the floor, let's call him Man A for convenience-sake, tried to say something but all that could be heard was:''Mummf..fuhmfuf!!!'' In case you hadn't noticed, his mouth'd been taped. Man B, which what he'll be named, simply smiled and bent over a little. ''Sorry, Dad, you ought to speak up a little.''And then added, articulating slowly and motioning towards his ears:''Can't..hearr..youuu.''
This was apparently enough to have Man A shed a tear. Man B sighed and tore the tape from Man A's face, quickly.
He screamed,obviously, but Man B simply shushed him.
''B-but..Wh-why-''Began Man A, before man B cut him off.''Why? Siriusly**,Dad? I thought at least you'd come up with something better, I mean, 'Wh-whyy-y?'''Said Man B mockingly.''Pathetic, really, if you weren't my dad I'd kill you right here...right..now.''Said that guy. 'Well, that..and the part where I need you for, I'm just going to pause here,...for a dramatic effect..my evil master plan!''

(I'm going to stop here now..Too happy to be evillllll!!!)

''Camille, darling, this is Madame de Cartefour, she's the royal...royal...well, she works for the Royals..right,Madame?''Asked a lady with her hair only just mathing her ego... (meaning it was freaking HUGE (like..tiny cooper huge Wink )) in a particularly frilly dress. A girl , only now becoming visible for she had been standing in the shadow of..well..THE hair, walked up from behind her. She reluctantly took the Madame's hand and shook hit, then she curtsied clumsily. ''Hello, M'dear.''Said Madame de Cartefour with a heavy French accent,''It's a , 'ow do you say, ah..pleasurrre to meet you.''She continued, smiling politely. Camille just smiled. Then..after several glares from THE hair she opened her mouth,as if to to speak.
''M-mah..-''She began, then stoppping to take a deep breath.''Mah-dahme, n-ne-needless t-to s-ay, same g-g-g-oe-oes for me, but if you...o-''At this point she had ceased talking completely with only her mouth making o shapes, repeatedly. THE hair was now blushing violently as she pushed Camiile away. ''Do excuse her,Madame, she is..well..yes...''She explained adding a couple of meaningful gestures after which she continued talking as if her daughter (Which is what Camille was) wasn't even there.

Camille had been wandering for a while when she arrived at the Royal courtyard, which she entered.

*just shut it Kitt.
**See *
Back to top Go down
Limestriker
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
Limestriker

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:25 am

Jasper almost tripped over his own feet twice before he reached the courtyard. He glanced around, seeing two females, one with ridiculous hair, talking. He still held Henry in his arms, and the rabbit startled giggling. As far as a rabbit can giggle, anyway. He slicked his curls back behind his ears one more time, until he realised he didn't know where to go. He really didn't want to go near to that hair, so he decided to wander when he walked into a youthful lady.
"Excuse madame, but do you know where I am supposed to be? I am the Court Engineer" he said a little too quick, still nervous. Henry did a mental facepalm.
Back to top Go down
The Master's Companion
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
The Master's Companion

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:29 am

Camille went very red,very quickly and decided to go for the 'Pssh, I don't know you were talking to me/I hasn't even seen you.'tactic. It was one of her favourites. So she walked away.But Camille wouldn't be Camille if she didn't embarrass and/or trip herself/over something. She tripped. And fell. Not very uncommon in the case of tripping.
Back to top Go down
Limestriker
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
Limestriker

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:33 am

Jasper gasped and dropped Henry. The rabbit was not amused and sat up, glaring at Jasper as the youth quickly dropped to his knees.
"Are you all right miss?" Jasper asked as he offered his hand to help her up. His top-hat had fallen off, and his hair had for some reason turned static and was standing up at weird angles, not noticing. Causing his daemon to laugh. Loudly.
Back to top Go down
The Master's Companion
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
The Master's Companion

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:38 am

''E-e-...r..m..''Stammered Camille. She just settled for a nod, after several attempts. As she stood up, she tripped,over her dress this time, again and fell...again.

The Hair, had succeeded in leading the Madame away from the scene caused by her daughter.
Back to top Go down
Limestriker
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
Limestriker

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:45 am

Jasper quickly caught her. "Really, are you sure you are fine miss? Are you feeling dizzy?" he asked. Jasper wasn't really that concerned; Camille was merely a stranger to him. But as a gentleman, it meant he was supposed to catch falling ladies and help them and whatnot. To his dismay. But it was what his mother had told him to do, so he would do exactly that. Henry was laughing because he cried because he had laughed.
Back to top Go down
The Master's Companion
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
The Master's Companion

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:49 am

Camille mentally wished she'd die right there and then, but was saved by Charlie...her badger (CAT!)-deamon, who insisted on chewing on Jasper's leg. ''Not q-quite, what I'd imagined Charles.''Mumbled Camille, suddenly capable of speaking.
Back to top Go down
Limestriker
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
Limestriker

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:52 am

Jasper shrieked and started jumping and shaking his leg desperately.
"Get it off me! Please!" he cried. Henry laughed. Again. "Help me!"
"Not really."
"You sadistic bunny! HELP ME PLEASE!" Jasper screeched.
Back to top Go down
The Master's Companion
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
The Master's Companion

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:57 am

Camille grinned but quickly reprimanded herself motioning for Charlie to let go.
The badger did as he was told and retreated..to her lap, for she was still on the floor. Camille turned to Jasper and thought long and hard before she said:''T-thank you. E-erm. C-,,,ca-ca-an I be of any assistance ?''Asked Camille
Back to top Go down
Limestriker
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
Limestriker

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:05 am

"By the Gods, thank you" Jasper breathed. Henry moved closer to him, and looked curiously at Charlie. "Why, thank you. I am looking for the place I am supposed to be at one 'o clock. I am the new Court engineer so.." He rubbed at the back of his head.
"Don't mind him" Henry said to Charlie in daemon-language. "He's a bit thick. Lord Henry of the House Kenward, pleasure to meet you."

(Just made up the Daemon language))
Back to top Go down
The Master's Companion
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
The Master's Companion

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:12 am

''Th-e p-p-p-pp-p-''Camille sighed. She wasn't particularly fond of p's, never had been.Nevertheless she tried again. ''P-p...pl..pla-ace you have t-t-o b-be w-w-o-oulld be?''

''Ah, niice to meet yer too,chap.''Said Charlie, excitedly shaking the rabbit's..paw..
Back to top Go down
Limestriker
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
Limestriker

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:30 am

"I am not really sure, miss" Jasper said politely smiling. "They told me I had beensummoned to the Citadel to discuss about my new rank."

Henry grimaced at the informality. He was taught to be very formal and was taken aback. "Ah yes" he replied. "And you may be?"
Back to top Go down
The Master's Companion
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
The Master's Companion

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:36 am

''O-oh..'Replied Camille thouhtfullly. ''Ah! I-I think I know where y-y-y-ou will b-be e-x-expce-expected to-o be!''

The badger would've grinned, if that were possible for a badger, now his face just looked a bit scary to be honest. ''Haven'even intr'duced me-self. I'm Charrrllie. ''Das, C'mille.''He added with a nod.
Back to top Go down
Limestriker
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
Limestriker

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:14 am

"Thank the gods, again!" Jasper said. "Could you show me, please?"

"My companion here is Jasper Kenward" said Henry a little ticked off now. He couldn't really cope well to the informality, that at least in his mind, would fit more to a daemon out of the tin zone.
Back to top Go down
The Master's Companion
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
The Master's Companion

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:31 am

This made Camille smile, she loved obvious questions. ''No, I-I sh-hant.''

''Ah, s'pose that wus pr-etty 'bvious.''Said Charle, and then to Camille:''Sarcasm, not yer best move,love.''

Camille sighed. ''I-I w-was being s-sarca-sarcastic..O-of c-c-c-c-ourse I'll t-take you, f-follow me.''She said as she began walking towards the entrance of the Citadel.
Back to top Go down
Limestriker
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
Limestriker

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:45 am

Jasper nodded and picked Henry up before hurrying after Camille. "Thank you, I've never been in the Citadel itself before."
"No, you just get lost easily" Henry said from his spot in Jasper's arms.
Back to top Go down
The Master's Companion
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
The Master's Companion

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:47 am

''R-right, a-anyway.. T-through t-this d-oor. Oh, h-hi, Jameson.''Said Camille, greeting a member of the Royal Guard on the way. ''D-do you r-remember who y-you were su-su'pposed to be m-m-meetin-g today?''
Back to top Go down
Limestriker
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
Limestriker

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:38 am

"If I am informed correctly, I should be meeting the King himself." The realisation shocked Jasper and he gasped softly before regaining his composure. He nodded quickly to the guard before continuing on his way, silent.
Back to top Go down
The Master's Companion
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
The Master's Companion

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:41 am

''Oh, t-that's u-unusu-al...B-but, I'll still b-be bringing y-you..here.''She said as she halted in front of a massive door. ''N-now we wait f-for the k-king to let u-us i-i-i-n.''She stammered, signaling towards a little camera-device built in to the door know through which the King saw them.

King Anthony,upon realizing who his visitors were, pressed the 'open-'button immediatly]

Last edited by The Master's companion on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Limestriker
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
Limestriker

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:43 am

Jasper stiffened, causing Henry to struggle in his to-tight grip. He gulped and nodded.
"After you, miss" he said, definitely nervous. He released the pressure on his daemon, who was less nervous and more worried that the youth might screw up.
Back to top Go down
BananazRGood
A real human person
A real human person
BananazRGood

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:44 am

Rose-Mary was sitting in the library with Joanne on her lap. She was reading out loud to her.

(Peeves.. did you add 'A queen of her poeple' , to my character??)
Back to top Go down
The Master's Companion
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
The Master's Companion

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:47 am

A calm look came over Camille as she entered the room, something she'd done many times before. She walked up to the King,bowed and then watched Jasper from over her shoulder.

The King cleared his throat and spoke:'Welcom,Mister Kenward, I have reason to believe you're here for the vacancy of Court Engineer?''

(Yup, sowwy, Mo..Couldn't resist Wink )
Back to top Go down
Limestriker
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
Limestriker

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:51 am

Jasper quickly followed her example, before saying:
"Indeed, my lord. I was summoned various days ago" he explained. "I brought you a gift." He procured a small, metal hawk from his pocket and wound it up. It flew up to the cross-beams, flapped it's wings a few times before flying in a lazy corkscrew before it dropped down from a safe distance. Jasper was still bowing, while Henry was curiously looking around if he saw another daemon. There were many speculations about the King's personal Daemon.
Back to top Go down
The Master's Companion
High Lady Protector
High Lady Protector
The Master's Companion

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:56 am

As soon as the bird had landed, the King jumped up from his chair and kneeled down close to the bird. He positioned a pair of glasses, with extended lenses on his nose as he mumbled things like:''Remarkable.'' and'' Splendid.''
He then stood up, dusted his coat of and began pacing through the room. ''Weeeell, (remember, he IS based on The Tennant Wink ) that's all clever enouh, but what I really want to know is...''He said, trailing of as he fiddled with a small microphonic device on his collar. ''Joana, Darling, there's someone I'd like you to meet.''
Anthony then retreated to his throne. He'd already have his men check Kenward's background etc. now it was up to his daughter, to see wether he should get the job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Main Story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Story.   The Main Story. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Main Story.
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Contemporary :: Roleplay-
Jump to: